First of all, let us know “What is Pharmacy?”
The word pharmacy is derived from the word “Pharma“. This word had first been used in the 15th-17th century.
“Pharmacy is the branch of health sciences that deals with the preparation and dispensing of drugs. Its aim is to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs”.
Pharmacists are the experts and health professionals who have done their studies in medicines. They can use their knowledge of medicines for the benefit of patients.
The pharmacy field can primarily be divided into four disciplines:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
As per World Health Organization (WHO), there are approximately 2.6 million pharmacists and other pharmaceutical personnel all over the world.
Courses & Duration
After 10+2, what are the available courses after 12th in pharmacy field?
Pharmacy is one of the popular field among the students. Education in pharmacy varies from one country to another. In India, the academic courses in the field of pharmacy starts from diploma level to doctoral level.’
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) – 2 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Lateral Entry – 3 years
- Pharm (Hons.) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) – 4 years
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) – 2 years
- Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate) – 3 years
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) – 6 years
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences – 3 years
Eligibility is the most important factor that every candidate has to satisfy to be eligible for any course. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the pharmacy course in which he/she is interested to take admission.
For D.Pharm Course – It is the diploma in pharmacy. The minimum qualification of 10+2 is required. It must be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology subjects. For admission to this course, candidates must have completed 17 years of the year of admission.
For B.Pharm Course – It is the bachelor’s degree in pharmacy that can be taken after passing 12th/intermediate examination. For this course, candidates must pass 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as a compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Computer Science / Biotechnology / Biology subjects and must obtained 50% marks in qualifying examination. Minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Note: D.Pharm (Diploma of Pharmacy) holders are eligible for admission into B.Pharm (lateral entry).
For M.Pharm Course – The successful completion of this course leads to the master’s degree in pharmacy. A pass in Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharm) programme with not less than 50% marks is required to be eligible for this course. For SC/ST, there is no minimum qualifying marks.
For Pharm.D Course – The first Pharm.D. programme was established at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy in Los Angeles, California in 1950. The course duration is 6 years (5 years of classroom study and 1 year of internship). The qualification required is 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as a compulsory subjects with any one of the Mathematics or Biology subject.
|M. PHARM (PHARMACEUTICS)||18|
|M. PHARM (QUALITY ASSURANCE)||18|
|M. PHARM (PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT & REGULATORY AFFAIRS)||18|
|M. PHARM (PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY)||18|
1st Semester B. Pharm,
2nd Semester B. Pharm.
3rd Semester B. Pharm.
4th Semester B. Pharm.
- 2240001 - UNIT OPERATIONII Download
- 2240002 - Dispensing Pharmacy II and Pharma Industrial Management Download
- 2240003 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry V Download
- 2240004 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry VI Download
- 2240005 - Basic Concepts of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy Practice Download
- 2240006 - Pharmacognosy-II Download
5th Semester B. Pharm.
6th Semester B. Pharm.
7th Semester B. Pharm.
- 2270001 - Dosage form Design I Download
- 2270002 - Pharmaceutical Technology I Download
- 2270003 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry IX Download
- 2270004 - Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics III Download
- 2270005 - Pharmacognosy V Download
- 2270015 - Quality by Design and Process Analytical Technology Download
8th Semester B. Pharm.
1st Semester M. Pharm,
2nd Semester M. Pharm.
3rd Semester M. Pharm.
4th Semester M. Pharm.
- 940001 to 940008 - Dissertation Download